Web Browser:-A web browser is a software that is used to view web pages. It acts as an interface between user and the internet. It can understand HTML. It can display text and graphics.Browsers are also known as web clients or Universal clients. Some popular web browsers are:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
Functions of Web Browsers:-
- Web Browsing:It is the most important Function of Web Browser. The user can browse different websites using web browser and see contents of website. The web browsers provide different buttons to browse easily such as back,forward,stop and refresh etc.
- Tabbed Browsing: Tabbed browsing allows the user to open multiple pages in the same browser window. Each webpage is loaded in separate tab.The user can move b/w different web pages more easily.
- Search Box:The web browsers provide a built in search box. The user can designate The preferred default search engine for search.
- Favorites:A web browser provides the facility to store favorite website address in a list. The user can go to any web page in the list by clicking on it. The user does not need to remember the addresses of favorite websites.
- Mailing:A web browser also provides the facility to read or send e-mail. The user can also open up newsgroups etc.
- Auto Complete: A web browser stores the addresses of all websites that have been visited by the user. Auto complete Feature displays complete addresses of a website as the user starts typing the address in address bar.