DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LAN AND WAN:
LAN:-1. LAN is used to connect computers at
2. LAN covers limited area.
3. Data transfer speed is very fast in LAN. Its speed is normally form 0.1 to 100 Mbps.
4. LAN is less costly.
5. LAN is usually connected through
6. The connection in a LAN is permanent
7. LAN is used to share files and
hardware like printers, modem.
8. LAN has less possibility of data
9. In LAN, problems normally occur due
to cable disturbance by end user.
WAN:-1. WAN is used to connect computers
anywhere in world.
2. WAN can cover more distance.
3. Data transfer speed is slow in WAN. Transmission rates are typically 56kbps to 45Mbps.
4. WAN is expensive.
5. WAN is usually connected through
6. The connection in WAN is not
7. WAN is used to share only data and
information i.e. email & file.
8. WAN has higher possibility of data
9. In WAN, problem normally occurs due to communication problems in medium.